We have all had one of those days where you really just can’t be bothered to put on your gym gear and go and exercise, and if no one is waiting for you, or taking your attendance no one knows you didn’t go right? The answer is you never regret pushing yourself over the line to get to the gym or training and you always enjoy it.
For myself, when I have those moments a motivator for me is always knowing I have a friend waiting to endure the pain with me…and to maybe get a sport of brunch after. I am going to share 5 reasons why my friends motivate me to exercise.
1. There is someone counting on you to go – If you have someone that you’ve committed to going with, you’re less likely to bail after a long day at work!
2. They make you laugh and help you to laugh at yourself- I experienced this in the Erin Vs Box Jump game. Where I got taken out by the box. Rather than feel embarrassed I has a laugh with my friend, well she laughed at me, I brushed it off and carried on.
3. Someone to compete with and push you out of your comfort zone- For those out there with a competitive streak having a mate there to set your pace against always makes you push yourself further and further every time.
4. Someone to push you to try new things- If you want to try a new class at the gym, sport or even do a new walk, it’s always nice to have a friend there trying that new experience with you.
5. You make lifelong friends – at Sport or when we exercise we all get angry, get competitive, tired and grumpy. My theory is if those people can last with you at your worst, then hopefully they’ll be there at your best!
So find a friend to get active with, and some to inspire you to be active. You never know what might happen!